你临终的大考可以不可以及格?

Venerable Ru-Du asked this question in his discourse on why one should be volunteering:

你临终的大考可以不可以及格?
will you be able to pass the big test when you are close to death?

I think the answer should be to start preparing now for this big test.
And this is by using every opportunity, obstacle and challenge to test ourselves - treating each like a mini test or revision so that we will be more confident when the next bigger one comes along.

This is encapsulated by the saying Venerable brought up:

静中十分,动中一分
动中十分,病中一分
病中十分,临终一分
my attempt at translation:
when things are quiet, the challenge is just 1/10 that when it is chaotic
when things are chaotic, the challenge is just 1/10 that when one is sick
when one is sick, the challenge is just 1/10 when one is near death

watch the video for more of Venerable’s wisdom:

In Venerable Ru De’s discourse on the life of Master Atisa, this portion of the video helped me better realise that all practitioners will face obstacles, challenges, temptation.

See from the 3min 49s mark (start from the beginning of the video to better understand the context):

I read from Master Ri-Chang’s discourse that one reason of failing to overcome the obstacles we face during our practice is because we have not truly believed in the cause and effect of Karma. If we had, we would be working even harder on the causes rather than lamenting about the effect we suffered.

Lamrim Commentary Track 123a
假定我们真正地了解了因果的话,我们眼前任何一件事情本身做起来的话,再没有不如理的。你了解得很清楚,你现在忙的什么?忙因哪!眼前我们看见任何一样东西,如果说不顺理、不好的话,我们就不会起贪、瞋、痴,很清楚、很明白;碰见这个情况你不瞋心,碰见那种情况不那个。假定你真的了解这因果关系的话,“啊,那这个果嘛!”现在既然你不瞋心,那你怎么因上面改善嘛!

我们做得到吗?实际上不一定,不一定。当然我们生了病了、等等了,固然是这个上提不起来,就是身体很好的时候,稍微有一点的话,心里面就随着烦恼而去。假定因果真的非常清楚的话,他只有一件事情要做,什么?勤精进。在因地上面是一刻不缓,当下一念看得非常清楚,是不是如理的、如量的,是不是跟善法相应,乃至于是不是这威仪当中─如理的威仪是无覆无记当中,必然的现象。我们做到吗?做不到!这说明什么?说 (p68) 明了我们真正对这因、果两样东西,的的确确是有一个浮浅的认识,有一个浮浅的知道。说得更实在一点的话,这个知道,往往还只是名相、名字,心里面对这两个东西,究竟产生多少力量的话,这个就很难说了。因为内心正确对因果的知见不深,所以碰见事情的时候,说不定我们的行为的话,欸,不知不觉当中害了这个毛病,害了这个毛病,就这样。