Love = Desire/Cravings?

1 Like

If you believe in buddha and bodhisattva then you must believe in AMITUOFO !
Amithaba 48 vows created PURELAND and is praise by all buddha and bodhisattva.
Whenever greed, hatred and delusion surface , we just have to chant Amituofo continously.

Since we are talking about the Twelve Dependent Arising which are the links that binds us to the sufferings of cyclic existence, I would assume that you wish to stop the feelings of liking someone is because you wish to be out of the suffering in cyclic existence.

I’m no expert here but I guess if you wish to be out of cyclic existence, then whenever this feeling of liking arises, you can contemplate that these feelings are not useful in helping you get out of cyclic existence and merely bind you further into cyclic existence. Eg.

1. The suffering of cyclic existence - birth, ageing, sickness, death, afflictions etc. Can liking this person help you escape these?
  2. If you truly have feelings for this person, you would surely wish this person to be out of suffering. Can your liking for this person be of any help to get the person out of the suffering of cyclic existence - birth, ageing, sickness, death, afflictions etc.?
1 Like

Attachment is what layman like us can’t control. In Surangaman sutra, stated it as the first cause for getting out of samsara. A sentient being must use wisdom to handle desire. Just as the saying goes for filial piety!

1. provides your love one a roof and food is third grade filial piety .
  2. provides your love one a roof , food and accompanying them is 2nd grade filial piety.
    3)by teaching them how to get out of samsara or you yourself get out of samsara then come back to guide them is first grade filial piety.