How can we find the way out of our sufferings?

“Our perception and our attachment are the results of our ignorance [all about self] – me, me, me! This is the root cause of all misconceptions and sufferings.” - Master Jih-Chang
Global Lamrim 2, Lecture 0021

How can we find the way out of our sufferings?

1 Like

We can find the way out of our suffering through the process of transforming suffering into happiness. To be transformed is to shift from the feeling of suffering to the feeling of happiness - that is, our feelings have been changed.

Normally, when we try to find a way out of our suffering, what method do we use? We look externally, we try to change the external environment. For example, if someone made us unhappy or said something that hurts us, we find our way out of that suffering by scolding that person or to stop the person from continuing to scold us.

But when we shift from the feeling of suffering to the feeling of happiness, what we change is our feelings. This also implies that actually our environment may not need to be changed in order to find our way out of suffering.

Therefore, if we can transform that feeling of reacting to that particular situation from feeling suffering to feeling happiness, then this will be the way out of our suffering.

1 Like

thanks for the awesome information.

thanks my issue has been fixed.