Dharma Teachings (eBooks!)

Hi all, came across this newly published book! Sharing with all of you! :yum:

A compilation of teachings by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and other great Tibetan lamas on the path to enlightenment (lam-rim.)

In the 1970s and ‘80s most of the great lamas to leave Tibet were still alive and teaching, mainly in India and Nepal. This book includes two teachings by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, as well as teachings and commentaries by other teachers in exile.

Read off website
Download PDF

3 Likes

Interesting book. I read a chapter. Easy read especially for beginners.

1 Like

Source of goodness for my limitless life! 感恩

1 Like

Some good books from Ajahn Brahm.
I particularly like his style of writing, humorous and light hearted, bringing great context to daily lives.

1. Simply The Moment PDF

2. All You Need Is Kindfulness - A Collection of Ajahn Brahm Quotes PDF

3. Emptiness and Stillness

4. The Basic Method of Meditation

5. Mindfulness, Bliss and Beyond - a Meditator’s Handbook

1 Like

Complete Sutras in English:

http://www.buddhasutra.com/

1 Like

A New Book by Lama Zopa Rinpoche: ‘How to Help Your Loved Ones Enjoy Death and Go Happily to Their Next Rebirth’

As Ven. Robina explains in the introduction:

“For a Buddhist, the ideal way to die is to die gradually, contrary to an often-stated view that it’s best to die in our sleep so that we don’t know about it. And the reason is clear: given that most of us live in denial of this natural event, our loved ones need time to get ready for death, at peace and unafraid, so that they can, indeed, go happily to their next rebirth, either a precious human rebirth in which they can continue to practice their spiritual path or rebirth in a pure land, such as Buddha Amitabha’s, in which they can easily become a buddha and thus be qualified to perfectly help others.

“As Rinpoche says in the Prologue: ‘When suddenly one day one of your loved ones dies and you don’t know what to do to help, you’ll feel so confused, so lost. Knowing how to help others at the time of death is such important education to have.’”

Download it here.

1 Like