Showcasing Acts of Kindness & Good - 善行点滴

Making a difference with his actions and looking beyond his own needs to care for others:

The writer of the article was inspired and penned her thoughts:

The simplicity of Zyn Yee’s campaign is inspiring. It made me realise, in the span of that 30-minute presentation, that being conscious about the environment doesn’t always have to be troublesome or “a burden” — and that any action, no matter how minute, does matter.

The writer’s closing statement is a good reminder to us:

Simple steps, small steps. That’s how I can make a difference too.

Much kindness here.
Hope more of such initiative happens.

Much compassion displayed here:

rejoice to these volunteers at their flag day:

What’s not to rejoice about in this story?

• doing good discreetly :white_check_mark:
  • helping the less fortunate :white_check_mark:
  • distributing free and discounted food since 2013 :white_check_mark:
  • all done with vegetarian food :white_check_mark:

Here is a story of a catholic nun with much compassion and love for her follow people.

Chow said: “This money isn’t something you possess forever. When you’re gone one day, you have to leave it to others to use it.”

He also said: “You can’t bring the money in your bank account with you after you die.”

How many of us can really adopt this attitude. Commendable!

Mr Ang’s desire to help the less fortunate stems from his childhood. As a boy who accompanied his grandmother to Buddhist temples serving free vegetarian meals, he got to observe people, including the needy, queueing for the food.

“How do we do something that would be beneficial to the community? This was what I’d always wanted to do when I was young,” he said.

As for the suppliers, Mr Ang tried another tack. “We explained to the suppliers, “You’re killing a lot of chickens (and) pigs. So it’s bad for your karma,’” he recounted.
“We told them, ‘It’s good for you to accumulate some brownie points. So this is where giving back to the community helps to win some brownie points. So I think it’s good for you and also good for your family.’”

Going by the excepts from the article, the person has much 善根!
Rejoice!

Marking the end of Lunar New Year 2019 with a tale of compassion:

Inspiration quote by Tony Tay:

“Why are we going and why are we helping the poor? Do you know the poor are helping you? They are helping us to improve our lives, number 1.

Number 2, they are helping us to build our poor spirit to a happier spirit. You’ll know that we are helping them and they are helping us to understand what is life.”

would you have done the same?

Sad to say, I didn’t do what the boy did when I ran over a bird last time. I had just assumed the bird would not have surived. I could only do repentance and dedicate merits back to it.

I must say that Singapore’s CNA news portal is showing more stories of positive deeds:

The compassion for the next person is evident here:

Even though it was originally started to help feed less-privileged members of the community, the couple also clarified in the video that these “bad day meals” are for everyone — not just the underprivileged.

Bad days don’t just occur to people who do not have money, but people who have money has bad days as well,” said Zulkifli.

I admire and respect his will power in getting back on his feet and turning to helping others in need.
By all accounts, he had the world at his feet when he was young. Then he met with an accident that changed his life. How many of us can bounce back like him?

He likens himself to a lighthouse:

“Seemingly useless but serving a dutiful role to prevent ships from capsizing, to prevent people from collapsing because of psychological dilemma or emotional trauma. Whatever menial disability that I have, I can overcome them through adaptation.”

:pray:

Able to abstain from eating meat while doing good. Why not?